Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Finds


Happy Children's Book Week!

Originally started in 1919, Children's Book Week encourages children to enjoy new authors and books, and is celebrated in schools, libraries, homes, and bookstores during a selected week each May. During this event, celebrate children's literature with storytelling, parties, author and illustrator appearances, and other literacy events in your school and community. As part of the celebration, children are invited to help select the top children's book of the year by voting online or at their school or library.

 Here are a few of mine and my daughter’s favorite children’s books:

Shimmeree by Stephen Cosgrove




 Tikki Tikki Tembo by Arlene Mosel



 Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I remember Shimmeree!!! Haha, I saw that picture on my RSS feed and was like, that looks very familiar... weren't there other books in this series too? Thanks for bringing back a lot of childhood memories :)

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serendipity and Leo the Lop were other books, illustrated by Robin James and written by Stephen Cosgrove, that I loved as a kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lea,
    Isn't Shimmeree the best?!
    I loved this series as a child and so did most of my friends.
    We always have a great time sharing our old Serendipity books with each other -- great memories!
    Thank you so much for stopping by,
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I grew up loving books by Shel Silverstein!

    Here are my Finds

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you're thinking!
Leave me a comment and I'll return in kind :-)