Monday, May 2, 2011

LA Times Festival of Books (After)

I had an absolutely fabulous time at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books!

It was a hot, sunny Saturday on the beautiful USC campus, but the crowds were at full capacity.

We started the day by watching Jamie Lee Curtis promote her book, My Mommy Hung the Moon, on the children’s stage.

Then we moved on to see The Galloping Gourmet himself, the irrepressible Graham Kerr, discuss his newest book,  Growing At the Speed of Life, along with a cooking demonstration. 

Continuing on through the Hero section (comic books) and into the Arts & Culture area, we then had the pleasure of listening to a wonderful slam and spoken word poetry reading by Javon Johnson, a member of the USC staff.

 Some of my favorite booths were:

1. WriteGirl.org, a nonprofit organization for high school girls centered on the craft of creative writing and empowerment through self-expression.

2. Steamcrow.com, an indie design studio, run by Daniel and Dawna Davis, in Phoenix, Arizona.
 
3. C-SPAN Digital Bus.
 
4. Inner Traditions Bear & Company, a book publisher founded in 1975 and based in Rochester, Vermont.

5. The Ben & Jerry’s truck -- free Berry Voluntary ice cream! :)

I can't wait to go back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you're thinking!
Leave me a comment and I'll return in kind :-)