Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Big-Ass Book of Crafts by Mark Montano

The Big-Ass Book of Crafts by Mark Montano is as awesome and as edgy as it’s name! Full of fun, inexpensive, avant-garde arts and crafts, most are incredibly functional and easy-to-make.

My favorite projects are the ones that incorporate old, unwanted books for repurposing, such as framed silhouettes (p 9), a laminated chandelier (p. 72), decoupage plates (p.134), placemats (p. 215) and stitched note cards and envelopes (p. 306).

Mr. Montano even shows, with step-by-step instructions, how to make your own beautiful, personalized bound journal/notebook (p. 53).

Using this book as inspiration, I made a recycled rolled-book basket (p. 281) that I donated to my local library for their “monthly auction” -- it’s a fundraiser to help pay for a new, larger location and I thought that it would be a creative way to show my support.
4 Diamonds

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you're thinking!
Leave me a comment and I'll return in kind :-)