Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday Teaser

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
·         Grab your current read
·         Open to a random page
·         In a comment, share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
·         BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
·         Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers
Here's mine:
“The rhythmic incantations of a priest, combined with the patient’s inward focus, encourages dissociation and, for someone predisposed to believe, the sense of demonic possession. Let’s face it, a good priest can make someone bark like a dog.”
The Canary List by Sigmund Brouwer, p. 157

6 comments:

  1. Hmm, not my kind of thing, I am sure. Here's my teaser My Bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Shirley, I'm not sure whether or not I like this book yet -- I'm hoping the ending blows me away. Otherwise, it's just kinda weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, the last few words have me laughing, well done. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesdays-an-atlas-of-impossible-longing.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, there's a nice bit of cynacism for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it's got potential for being mind blowing.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you're thinking!
Leave me a comment and I'll return in kind :-)