Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

· Grab your current read
·
Open to a random page
·
In a comment, share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
·
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
·
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers

Here's mine:


"It had been in Montmor's academy the Huygens had topped Galileo. And now Montmor was more certain than ever that the scientific glory of France -- and his own reputation as ulitmate patron of knowledge -- would continue to be made within the wall of his palatial home."

-Blood Work: A Tale of Medicine and Murder in the Scientific Revolution by Holly Tucker, p. 86

3 comments:

  1. Hi Yvonne, new follower here! Just found your blog through the TT for this week... this book sounds really interesting! I love anything having to do with history, so I bet I would like this one-- hope you are enjoying it!!

    Feel free to check out my TT for this week at LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, this book sounds really really interesting.

    mine is here: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2011/04/19/teaser-tuesday-quicksilver/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just received this one in the mail and cannot wait to begin it. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesdays-lowcountry-summer.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you're thinking!
Leave me a comment and I'll return in kind :-)