Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Finds

This week my book-buddy, Bruce, let me borrow a copy of The Devil's Teeth by award-winning author Susan Casey. Bruce and I share a love for nautical adventures, so this one is right up our alley.

From Goodreads:
On clear days, you can see the Farallon Islands from the hilltops of San Francisco; yet despite its proximity to civilization, this desolate archipelago, nicknamed "the Devil's Teeth" by 19th-century sailors, is among the wildest, most dangerous places on earth. To gain a firsthand sense of nature at its extremes, outdoors author Susan Casey lived with biologists Peter Pyle and Scot Anderson during a ravenous shark season in the Farallones. Forget Jaws; this is the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you're thinking!
Leave me a comment and I'll return in kind :-)