Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Finds

Yesterday I went shopping with my BBF (Book Best Friend), Diana, and we stopped off at our local used bookstore, Buckets of Books. I bought a copy of Jack Finney's illustrated classic novel Time And Again. (A historical fiction/science fiction fantasy with real-life photos -- how cool is that?!) After returning home, I started looking at the pictures and inside the book I found an old receipt and a bookmark. The receipt was for the original purchase at Barnes and Noble in Santa Clarita dated from 1998 and the bookmark was from a used bookstore in San Jose called Recycle Bookstore, date unknown. So far, the round trip mileage this book has made -- practically the entire state of California  -- is almost 500 miles! Who knows where it’ll end up next…


From Goodreads:
"Sleep. And when you awake everything you know of the twentieth century will be gone from your mind. Tonight is January 21, 1882. There are no such things as automobiles, no planes, computers, television. 'Nuclear' appears in no dictionary. You have never heard the name Richard Nixon."
Did illustrator Si Morley really step out of his twentieth-century apartment one night -- right into the winter of 1882? The U.S. Government believed it, especially when Si returned with a portfolio of brand-new sketches and tintype photos of a world that no longer existed -- or did it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you're thinking!
Leave me a comment and I'll return in kind :-)